2009 Yamaha XVS13CTYR
sharp looking pre owned reliable Yamaha cruiser. Has passing lamps, tall windshield, rigid lockable saddle bags, crash bars. a lot of bike for not a lot of buck! 30,101 miles.
- All new, 60 degree, fuel injected, V-twin
- Windshield, backrest & saddlebags
- 1304cc, (80 cubic inch) liquid-cooled, short stroke, SOHC, 4-valve, 60° V-twin powerplant pumps out incredible amounts of class leading power and torque for unparalleled acceleration and cruising performance. At 110 km/hr the engine is only turning 3,400 rpm, for relaxed highway cruising.
- Electric starting system features a mechanical centrifugal decompression device in the exhaust camshaft for easy, no-hassle starting.
- Liquid-cooling not only allows for higher state of tune because it maintains more stable operating temperatures, but also reduces mechanical noise for a quieter engine.
- In an effort to maintain the classic air-cooled appearance of the engine, cooling fins have been added as a styling touch.
- The short stroke engine design reduces the "tallness" of the engine, while the 60 degree "V" makes the engine more compact thereby centralizing mass and lowering the center of gravity for lighter more responsive handling.
- Classic V-twin "pulse feeling" and engine character highlight this powerplant while annoying vibration has been eliminated.
- One-piece cylinder heads feature 4-valves per cylinder to provide optimum breathing efficiency for maximum power output. Each head is fitted with a single long reach spark plug.
- Stylish chromed cylinder head covers.
- The SOHC valve train features 36mm intake and 32mm exhaust valves with single springs for great power and torque. Valves are set at 20 degrees. Specially designed roller rockers activate the valves. The roller rocker system allows a greater amount of valve lift without producing excessive camshaft wear and friction. The slipper portion of the rocker arm features a needle bearing to further reduce wear and slide resistance. The camshafts have been specially designed to provide class leading power.
- Optimized squish area forces the fuel / air mixture toward the centre of the combustion chamber for more complete combustion and hence power.
- The water pump which is integrated with the oil pump and is located inside the engine cases to keep a cleaner, more traditional air-cooled look to the powerplant. The engine is a wet sump design.
- The radiator is mounted between the front frames down tubes to minimize its appearance especially when viewing the machine from the side. Even the rad hoses have been discreetely placed for a cleaner appearance. An electric fan aids in cooling in stop and go traffic. Special cooling louvers direct air to the rad.
- Automatic hydraulic cam chain tensioners reduces mechanical noise and extend engine life.
- Ceramic composite-plated cylinders reduce weight, increase cylinder life and provide uniform heat dissipation. The cylinders have a tapered "V" appearance to highlight the V-twin design. Cylinder bore is 100mm.
- Forged pistons offer great durability and reduced weight for faster engine response.
- 3 axis crankshaft features a single crank pin design. The crankshaft turns counter clockwise. This specially designed crank helps to enhance the pulse feeling and engine character.
- Forged connecting rods ride on a single crank pin crankshaft for that true V-twin sound and feel.
- Single axis, left and right dual engine counter balancers reduce vibration to a minimum while maximizing rider comfort.
- Crankcase design features internal oil and coolant lines for a clean, air-cooled engine appearance. There are special piston coolers that spray oil at the under side of the piston.
- Easy access, spin on type oil filter is located under the engine in the cases. There is no need to remove any parts to access the oil filter.
- Classic side mounted 3.7 liter airbox houses a viscous paper-type filter and adds that special styling touch.
- Mikuni dual bore, 40mm returnless-type throttle body fuel injection system with TPS (Throttle Position Sensor) and ISC (Idle Speed Control) . This is a "closed loop" system that utilizes an oxygen sensor. The oxygen sensor feedback info to the ECU which in turn adjusts the fuel/air mixture for maximum power with minimum emissions. The oxygen sensor is located before the mufflers, so the use of slip-ons will not effect this system. Bore size is 40mm and each injector features 12 holes and a dual spray pattern for better fuel atomization and more complete combustion chamber filling. There is one injector per cylinder. Fuel injection benefits include improved fuel economy, chokeless operation, reduced emissions, and smoother running.
- High pressure fuel pump is located in separate sub tank below the seat.
- 2 into 1 exhaust system features a 3-way honeycomb catalyzier at the entry point to the muffler. The catalyzier reduces harmful exhaust emissions, while the muffler produces a throaty V-Twin growl. The rear portion of the muffler features a "slash cut" end
- Smooth-shifting, 5-speed transmission with 5th gear overdrive delivers outstanding cruising performance and reduced rpms at highway speeds. The engine is spinning at 3,400 rpm at 110 km/hr.
- Clean, quiet belt drive system is extremely low maintenance and simplifies customization. The belt is unique to the XVS1300 and features a carbon core for strength.
- The new 7-spoke rear pulley has been styled to match the new cast wheels.
- Specially designed starter motor features a damping mechanism to prevent damage from kick back.
- Air Induction System (A.I.S.) reduces harmful exhaust emissions (CO + HC).
- One piece classic heel-and-toe shifter adds versatility and enhances the overall cruising experience.
- Double cradle steel frame offers roomy ergonomics, and great handling. This frame utilizes a rigid engine mounting system to optimize the overall rigidity balance for superior handling. The rack is 32 degrees, while the lean angle is a sporty 36 degrees.
- Steel swingarm matches the new frame and provides superior performance in a wide variety of conditions, while also making a bold styling statement.
- Long 1,690mm (66.5") wheelbase creates a long, low retro profile and solid stable handling. This chassis is longer than the XVS1100 by 45mm (1.8") and offers a 48% front // 52 % rear weight distribution.
- The long low design means spacious ergonomics with lots of leg room, which maximizes both rider and passenger comfort.
- 41mm KYB ront fork features stylish large-diameter brushed-finished for covers. Wheel travel is 135mm (5.3") for a smooth, comfortable ride.
- Monocross style, spring preload-adjustable, single-shock, link rear suspension centralizes mass for agile handling. The linkage system provides a rising rate effect that provides excellent compliance on both small and large bumps.
- Rear shock is vertically mounted behind the engine and is tucked out of sight for that classic, hardtail look. Rear wheel travel is 110mm (4.3").
- Dual 298mm, floating front discs are squeezed by compact twin piston front calipers.
- 298mm rear disc brake squeezed by single piston caliper mounted to the underside of the swingarm. This design not only helps to hide the caliper but also lowers the center of gravity for better handling.
- Lightweight 7-spoke cast aluminum wheels are fitted wide tubeless tires. These stylish "mag" wheels are both easy to clean and never require maintaince. The rear drive pulley matches the wheel design.
- Full-size, "tapered" floating-type rider floorboards are roomy and comfortably positioned while also helping to reduce vibration. There is a replaceable "scraper" area on the lower edge of the footboard.
- 1 inch, rubber mounted handlebars are easy to reach and help to reduce vibration as well.
- Front and rear fenders are steel for easy customization and painting if desired.
- 18.5 liter teardrop shaped fuel tank with flush mounted filler cap. Fuel tank features a seamless design for that clean, custom look.
- Generous rider and passenger seats offer plenty of room and support for all day riding comfort. Seat height is only 715mm or 28.1 inches off the ground
- Handlebar-mounted chromed instrument features an analog speedometer, digital odometer, dual tripmeters, low fuel tripmeter, clock and low fuel warning light. Stylish red background illumination.
- Handlebar switch gear allows the operator to change instrument meter functions via buttons on the back of the RHS handlebar switch, thereby eliminating the need to take your hands off the bars to adjust the main instrument functions.
- 60/55 watt high intensity halogen headlight emphasizes the "wild streamline", mass forward styling design. The headlight is adjustable both up and down plus left and right via remote adjusters. There are also two 35 watt accessory light connectors inside the headlight shell for accessory passing lamps.
- Tall windshield features chrome accents and a central Star logo that enhances the unit's overall styling. This windshield offers excellent wind and weather protection and can be easily removed with only 4 bolts..
- Leather covered hard shell saddlebags feature a stylish tapered design and are lockable for extra security. The bags offer 42 litres of storage capacity each, ample room for casual touring.
- Passenger backrest with embossed Star logo provides that extra peace of mind for your special companion.
- Industry-leading Star family fit and finish features rich, lustrous paint and extensive chrome accents creating a machine as stunning as it is powerful.
- Extra wide front brake and clutch levers provide a quality feel.
- Steering lock is integrated into the main ignition switch for extra convenience.
- Handy, under seat helmet holder
- Low-maintenance, sealed battery ensures fuss-free, dependable starting.
- Self-cancelling turn signals feature stylish clear lenses.
- Conventional passenger footpegs
- High output 460 watt generator
- Engine: Liquid-cooled, SOHC , 4-valve, 60°, V-twin
- Displacement: 1,304cc (80 cubic inch)
- Bore and Stroke: 100 x 83 mm
- Compression Ratio: 9.5:1
- Maximum Torque: 11.3 kg-m (81.8 ft-lb) @ 4,000 rpm
- Fuel Delivery: Mikuni dual bore 40mm F.I.
- Ignition: Digital TCI
- Transmission: 5-speed
- Drive Train: Belt
- Suspension (Front): 41 mm fork
- Suspension (Rear): Adjustable link Monocross
- Brakes (Front): Dual 298 mm discs
- Brakes (Rear): 298 mm disc
- Tires (Front): 130/90-16 (bias ply tire)
- Tires (Rear): 170/70-16 (bias ply tire)
- Length: 2,490 mm (98")
- Width: 980 mm (38.6")
- Height: 1520 mm (59.8")
- Wheelbase: 1,690 mm (66.5")
- Seat Height: 715 mm (28,1 ")
- Fuel Capacity: 18.5 litres (4.1 imp. gallons)
- Wet Weight: 323kg (710.6 lb)
- Colour(s): Deep Metallic Red, Dark Metallic Blue
- Engine Type
- SOHC , 4-valve, 60°, V-twin
- 1,304 cc (80 cu. in.)
- Bore and Stroke
- 100 x 83 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Mikuni dual bore 40mm F.I.
- Digital TCI
- Front Suspension
- 41 mm fork
- Rear Suspension
- Adjustable link Monocross
- Front Brakes
- Dual 298 mm discs
- Rear Brakes
- 298 mm disc
- Front Tire
- 130/90-16 (bias ply tire)
- Rear Tire
- 170/70-16 (bias ply tire)
- 66.5 in. (1,690 mm)
- Seat Height
- 28.1 in. (715 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 4.1 gal (18.5 l)
- Dry Weight
- Wet Weight: 710.6 lbs (323 kg)
- Final Drive
- Drive Train: Belt
- Deep Metallic Red, Dark Metallic Blue (CANADA ONLY), Galaxy Blue, Candy Red (USA ONLY)
- 1 Year Limited Warranty