2013 Yamaha F2.5MSH
Impressively Light + Compact for Those Who Want Power, Performance and Portability.
The sun just broke the horizon, but your day began hours ago—the second you started your trusty Yamaha Portable. Maybe you’re skimming the marsh in a jon boat during duck season, pushing a sailboat ‘til the wind kicks up or hopping to the cuddy on a tender. Wherever the day takes you, these nimble, lightweight, efficient portables are up for the ride. Available in a range of horsepower from 20 all the way down to 2.5, these 1- or 2-cylinder dynamos provide big performance in streamlined designs.
Here’s why so many boaters carry Yamaha reliability with them, wherever they go:
Incredibly Light: Yamaha Portables are incredibly light, weighing as little as 37 pounds. Talk about punch you can pack.
Easy to Carry: Select models feature built-in front and rear carry handles for maximum portability. Plus, recent re-designs have made several of our portables, well, even more portable. The F9.9 is 12% lighter than previous designs, and we’ve trimmed 23 pounds from our F6.
Max Maneuverability: Our 5-Step Trim Adjustment and 3-Step Shallow Water Drive System (on select models) protects your propeller in skinny water, making these pintsized powerhouses extremely maneuverable and getting you where you need to go.
Fuel Efficiency: The smaller the motor, the less fuel it consumes, true. However, one of Yamaha’s portables actually made it into the Guinness Book of World Records for the most miles traveled on one gallon of gas, going 67.27 continuous statute miles.
Smart Innovation: Our Easy Oil Retention System allows the F6 and F4 to be stored on their sides or front grip without oil leakage. Our F15 and F20 designs feature a water-cooled fuel pump, boosting power and preventing warm weather starting issues like vapor lock.
- Ultra-Low Emissions: Our F2.5 is C.A.R.B. Two-Star Rated for Very-Low Emissions. All Yamaha portable outboards meet federal EPA requirements.
- Fuel Efficiency: Of course, small motors use less fuel, but the Yamaha F4 actually set a world record for fuel efficiency. According to the Guinness Book of World Records, an F4 traveled 67.27 continuous statute miles on one gallon of gas.
- Corrosion Protection: Yamaha’s exclusive YDC-30 Alloy is one of the most corrosion-resistant base material in the industry. Used with Yamaha’s proprietary ACP-221 Paint Process, it provides an extra-tough barrier against corrosion. They’re both key components of our renowned Ultimate Corrosion Protection System (UCP-II™), which is standard on all Yamaha Portable four stroke outboards.
- Warranty Protection: All Yamaha four strokes are protected by our Three-Year Limited Warranty for pleasure use. Beyond that, Yamaha Extended Service (Y.E.S.) plans are available, for continued coverage after your three-year factory warranty expires.
- Max Maneuverability: 5-Step Trim Adjustment and 3-Step Shallow Water Drive System (on select models) protects your propeller in skinny water, makes these pintsized powerhouses extremely maneuverable and gets you where you need to go.
- Lightweight Portability: Yamaha portables feature SOHC (Single Overhead Camshaft) or OHV (Overhead Valve) configurations and weigh as little as 37 pounds (dry weight). Outboard power doesn’t get much more portable than this.
- Long Span Mounting System: Standard
- Four Stroke Engine Design: Standard
- Overhead Valve (OHV) Design: Standard
- Short Stroke Engine Design: Standard
- Rubber Dampened Tiller Handle: Standard
- Compact Offset Crankshaft: Standard
- ACP-221 Paint Process: Standard
- Stainless Steel Driveshaft, Prop Shaft, Shift Shaft and Steering Tube: Standard
- Sacrificial Anodes: Standard
- Splined Prop Shaft: Standard
- TCI Ignition: Standard
- Splash Lubrication: Standard
- YDC Aluminum Alloy: Standard
- Cast Iron Camshaft: Standard
- Water Resistant Fuel Tank Cap: Standard
- Dual Transom Clamps: Standard
- Multiple Gripping Points: Standard
- Decompression Device: Standard
- Built-In Fuel Tank: Standard
- 360° Swivel Steering: Standard
- F/N Shift: Standard
- Tilt Up Engine Stopping Device: Standard
- Pilot Water Blocking Device: Standard
- Split Bottom Cowling: Standard
- Engine Type: One Cylinder
- Displacement: 4.4 ci (72 cc)
- Bore x Stroke: 54 x 31.5 mm (2.13 x 1.24 in.)
- Prop Shaft Horsepower: 2.5 hp @ 5500 rpm
- Compression Ratio: 9.0:1
- Fuel/Induction System: Overhead Valve
- Exhaust: Above Prop
- Intake: Carburetor
- Ignition System: TCI
- Spark Plug: B6HS0-00-00-000
- Starting System: Manual
- Lubrication: Splash
- Engine Oil Capacity: 0.4L (0.42 qt.)
- Full Throttle RPM Range: 5250-5750
- Cooling: Water/Thermostatic Control
- Recommended Engine Oil: Yamalube® 4M (See Owner's Manual)
- Recommended Fuel: Regular Unleaded (Minimum Pump Octane 87)
- Recommended Fuel Filtration: Yamaha Mini 10-Micron Fuel/Water Separating Filter (external)
- Gear Ratio: (27:13) 2.08:1
- Gear Shift: Forward, Neutral
- Shaft Length: S=15 in.
- Degree of Tilt: 80 deg.
- Degree of Trim: 4 positions
- C.A.R.B. Rating: 2-Star
- Dry Weight: 17 kg (37 lb.)
- Steering Angle (maximum): 360 deg. from center, either direction
- Warranty: 3 Year Limited Pleasure Boat - 1 Year Limited Commercial
- Spec Weight: 7
- Engine Type
- One Cylinder
- Bore x Stroke
- 2.13 x 1.24 in. (54 x 31.5 mm)
- 4.4 ci (72 cc)
- Shaft Length
- S = 15 in.
- 37 lb. (17 kg)
- Propshaft Horsepower
- 2.5 hp @ 5500 rpm
- Full Throttle Operating Range
- 5250-5750 rpm
- Gear Ratio / Shift
- (27:13) 2.08:1 / Forward, Neutral
- Fuel Induction
- Water/Thermostatic Control
- 3 Year Limited Pleasure Boat - 1 Year Limited Commercial